Below is a copy of our access statement. Also available in a Word or PDF document to download
Size : 17.808 Kb
Type : docx
Size : 91.728 Kb
Type : pdf
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Cardiff Boat Tours / Princess Katharine
Cardiff Boat Tours operate Princess Katharine, a 90 seat passenger boat, which links the regenerated docklands area of Cardiff Bay and the beautiful Bute Park in the heart of the Capital City of Wales. The boarding points are in Cardiff Bay Inner Harbour, from the Lower Boardwalk or Bute Park near Cardiff Castle/Pettigrew Tea Rooms.
We offer an hourly water taxi service between the two points or a relaxing hour long cruise from either boarding point, with a fascinating commentary on the history and sights along the route. The boat can also be privately chartered and is perfect for school groups wanting to explore Cardiff Bay and river Taff.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07445440874 or email email@example.com.
Details of our boarding points can be found on our website or you can enter our postcodes to plan your journey. If you wish to board at Cardiff Bay use - CF10 4PZ or alternatively Bute Park in the city centre use CF10 4PH.
- The nearest railway station is Cardiff Central, which is approximately half a mile away
- The National Express coach station is just a few minutes� walk from the water bus stop in Sophia Gardens.
- The nearest bus stops are on Castle Bridge and in Westgate Street, just a few a few minutes away and close to the Principality Stadium
- There is level access as well as steps to the water bus stop at each location.
Car Parking and Arrival
- We have an arrangement with Q Park in Pierhead Street Cardiff Bay CF10 1BJ. Passengers may pre-book parking at a 15% discount, using the code "Princess Katharine" on their website http://www.q-park.co.uk/parking/q-park-cardiff-bay. There is also on street "Pay and display" parking in the area and a further car park at Mermaid Quay
- In the city centre there are numerous multi-storey and Pay and Display car parks. The nearest is at Sophia Gardens, just a few minutes� walk from the water bus stop
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- Tickets may be purchased from our booth on the Lower Boardwalk in the Inner Harbour at Cardiff Bay - this is clearly signed with the company logo and information about Princess Katharine.
- There is a staff member onshore between Easter and end October. In the absence of shore staff, tickets may be purchased on board the boat.
- At Bute Park passengers should wait at the boarding gate and pay on board. There is a staff member there at peak times.
- There are three steps down into the boat, with a handrail and crew will always assist.
- Princess Katharine is regrettably, not suitable for wheelchairs.
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- Princess Katharine has an information point on board, with details of many local attractions.
- We have offers in conjunction with local businesses - see on board for details
- The commentary is played over the public address system - written copies can be provided on request.
- Dogs are welcomed on board providing they are on a lead.
- Periodically we display the handiwork of schoolchildren who have enjoyed a trip with us and made posters etc on their return to school.
- There are numerous cafes and restaurants nearby both boarding points and passengers are welcome to bring refreshments on board with them.
- There is a unisex public toilet available on board.
- Toilets, including accessible facilities, may be found at Mermaid Quay and Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay and at Pettigrew Tea Rooms and Secret Garden Cafe in Bute Park
- Our boat is driven by qualified Boat Masters, there are two on board at any time and at peak times often three. All crew are qualified First Aiders and DBS checked.
- The evacuation procedures are played on every trip over the public address system and are also provided in written form on the back of every seat. All the necessary safety equipment is regularly serviced.
- We are licensed to operate by the Maritime Coastguard Agency, who carry out an annual inspection of the boat and also by the Cardiff Harbour Authority
- Cardiff Boat is listed in the Autism Directory as having staff trained in Autism Awareness
- Princess Katharine will carries a Defibrillator with additional Paediatric attachment and crew members are trained in the event of an emergency requiring its' use
Address (Inc postcode): Cardiff Boat Tours Limited: 1. Lower Boardwalk Inner Harbour Cardiff Bay CF10 4PZ 2. Bute Park Cardiff CF10 4PH
Hours of Operation: Hourly 10am - 4pm from Cardiff Bay
Hourly 10.30am to 4.30pm from Bute Park
Extended hours at peak times - see website for latest details and any weekly changes to timetable
Local Equipment Hire: Pedal Power in Sophia Gardens close to the city centre and in Cardiff Bay
Local Accessible Taxi: There are taxi ranks at Mermaid Quay and in the City Centre
Local Public Transport: Both locations are on bus routes, the number 6 Bay Car bus serves the whole area on a circular route all day until late evening, with stops in Cardiff Bay and close to Bute Park in the city.